Monday, September 8, 2014

Hurricane Norbert Made A Crazy Unexpected Impact On Phoenix, AZ Today!

                                                This is a major street in my neighborhood.

This is along my walking route. It is a wash that is normally dry as a bone...
This is a road and the sidewalk along my daily walking route..
It was crazy! Lots of thunder, lightning and rain! We got almost 5 inches of rain in 6 hours! When this happens in the dessert ,the ground it so hard it can't absorb the water. The run off accumulates and collects. It's crazy. This is record  breaking rainfall for all time here today! Weather history was made in Phoenix today...
Expecting more rain but won't be as heavy as we got this am.  
On foot the view of our great flood was amazing. The cooler temps are nice for a long walk too.
All in all, pretty exciting. I wonder if the sidewalks will be ok after the water dissipates?

Just thought I would share with you the view from my neighborhood! Have a great day folks!


No comments: