Thursday, September 25, 2014

Dreams Must Be Realized, In Your Head

I’ve been working hard in my little music studio this week. I wrote an intro to my original, Lost In The Game. It was yet another one of those moments that you really feel inspired! It came together and I was thrilled. I knew something had been missing from this song and, this was it! For a few weeks now every time I would sit down to play, this piece would start to come out lol. Not kidding, bits and pieces would come. I thought it was the beginning to a new song but then it just came together as the intro to Lost In The Game… I am loving this intro…
I also worked on and recorded an old favorite that is near and dear to my heart…
Casual Conversations written by Rick Davies
I hope to find some time today to get myself together enough to record a video of Lost In The Game for my YouTube channel. I’ve come to find that posting videos on YouTube is an extremely laborious effort! Oh my goodness are they ever. I get hung up on how I look and the whole production of it… When I post to SoundCloud I can sit there in Jammie’s and record… Lol. don’t think that I have actually done that but I could!
I’m never happy with YouTube Videos. I always feel like the iPad adds pounds to me. The lighting and color of my studio stinks… Just not happy with how it all looks. I suppose that I could repaint my room but I’m not feeling inspired to do that. I do all of this because…? I’m sometimes not sure. I just feel compelled to leave something of myself to music. I feel compelled that if I don’t try to do something with this ability I was given, it would be wasted. Then again, I’m beginning to think that maybe it was just intended for me to enjoy. A personal experience between me and the Universe/ God.
Until I’m sure of the why, I will keep plugging away until I feel I have either exhausted myself or I make it somewhere in this. Which ever comes first. I will not ever have to answer to ” What did you do with this ability that I gave you ? ” I will be able to say that I really tried to do, ” Something More Than Nothing” with it God!
My dream and my goal is to put together enough originals to make an album. Howard, challenged me to see if I could acquire fans and financial support to do this. He told me about this website called, FundMe. He encouraged me to write up a project and post it. So, I figured why not.. He told me a story about how some guy wrote a project to learn how to make potato salad. Apparently the guy did extremely well with this… Lol.
Mine is not a hardship story, I simply aspire to record my originals in a professional sound studio with full arrangement! I can imagine what that would feel like! What it would be to be able to listen to what you created realized, glorified, enhanced to it’s finest, full potential. I want this so much! That in itself would be thrilling and amazing…
Part of me detests stuff like this just as much as you do! I’m not one to ask for help! I simply need to know also where I stand in all of this. My husband is sure this should prove to me where I stand. He all along this journey has been convinced that I’m fooling myself. He doesn’t like my music and has told me so. He tells me that he doesn’t get my music. He’s forever trying to change my style of music and tells me to get hip and contemporary. “Play more modern stuff” he’s always telling me. The music that comes out of me is this… This is what flows through me! This is what I have to give/ contribute. I’m not even sure what you would define my genre as…
I can’t even get angry that my husband doesn’t like my music. At first I was so hurt! Then, I realized that music is so subjective! We all have our personal preference. So, it’s ok. I will continue along my path. If my dreams and goals are never realized, at least I had some!

No comments: