Stepping Outside The Yellow Room 



This may be my launching point! I ducked in here yesterday because I had heard that this establishment has live music from time to time. I decided to check into this venue to see if I might be able to play here. Trendy with healthy food and even a little store inside. I was greeted by a young friendly gal. It simply asked her if they have live music there. She said it was funny that I should ask because the staff had just had a conversation about initiating an open mic night. I explained that I was just getting out there with my music and that I would be interested in playing there. I handed her my business card and explained that they could research my music on my YouTube & SoundCloud channels. “If you like what you hear and you think that it might be a good fit, give me a call.” She politely took my card and with pleasantry goodbyes, I was off!
I amazed myself with the ease in which I had taken that first step toward fulfilling the music in me. I actually stepped outside the yellow room…I may or may not get a call back but I’m happy to have put myself out there. I actually think that an open mic night would be the perfect place to get my feet wet! Preforming live to see if my music goes over well without the stress of having to fill hours of time! Perfect! This place is maybe a mile from home lol…it’s a start!
Imagine written by John Lennon