Friday, February 12, 2016

Shake In My Shoes Rattle My Core



Zoe...
I'm so glad that this day has come to a close! Some days you just can't get rid of soon enough! This was one of those days!  I wasn't excited about the day to begin with as I was out of sorts. Annoyed upon reflection, sums up my mood. I decided to make a conscious effort to turn my day around. I was on my way to the store when I got a call that I truly dread. It was from the school nurse informing me that Zoe was having another fast heart rate episode. Zoe had been previously diagnosed with SVT, Supra Ventricular Tachycardia.

This is now the third such occurrence she has had. All of these episodes have happened at school! The first time, the E.M.T's took her to the hospital by ambulance. That episode was the worst and was
extremely frightening! The second episode, Zoe was able to overcome with an ice pack to the cheek.
Today, she was not able to get back into rhythm with the ice pack or excerises she was told to try. I
signed her out of school and we went home. I was thinking I would have to take her to the ER if it
didn't stopwatch in the hour. On the car ride home, I insisted that she drink a bottle of water that I had in my purse. She did and by the time we got home, the episode was over. Bless her heart, (literally), I found that she has taught herself to be able to check her own heart rate! Her heart rate had been in the 180's at school! Just the act of drinking from the water bottle, set her back into rhythm. We sat for a few min at home... We decided that she should go back to school and finish out her day. Upon returning to school I asked the school nurse to take her blood pressure and pulse rate again. She confirmed that all was back to normal! She went back to class!

I am relieved to see a pattern here of these episodes actually being manageable. I hope that continues and we don't have to make trips to the ER to get her back into rhythm. I believe she can avoid the ablation surgery if this is how it goes. I wanted to take her back to school to show the staff that once
these fast heart rate episodes are over, Zoe is fine! She isn't sick and I don't want this to take over or interrupt her life. The problem is an electrical heart issue not the heart itself. She's fine to do PE, no
restrictions!

The previous occurrence of this was three months ago so it isn't that frequent. These calls from the school nurse send my heart racing as well...these episodes scare the hell out of me! I feel helpless as her Mom. I appear cool and collected but when they are over and everything is ok, I quietly shake in my shoes lol. They rattle me to my core!

Having left the school I went over to the grocery store. I took my time shopping as my thoughts were still racing. With my cart full of shopping bags full of food I returned to my car to find that I suddenly couldn't find my car keys... After 15 minutes of frantically searching for my car keys in the car, in my purse, in shopping bags, under my car, under both cars on each side of mine. Nearly standing on my
head to look under the seats in my car...I had left my car unlocked which at this point although wrong I was grateful.  At least I could put my groceries in there! It was hot as the temps outside were in the
mid 80's! My car was even hotter. Having bought over $100.00 worth of groceries I thought I was
screwed . No way to get home! Husband was working clear across town. Not to mention I didn't want
to give him an excuse to berate me. In all the years I have known him, I have never made a mistake
like this! I have never lost my keys while shopping... Still, I was hoping to not have to tell him!
After speaking with the customer service people three different times over an hour and a half, it became clear that my keys were really gone... I went up and down every aisle I was in, retracing every possible step I took. For the life of me I couldn't understand how I didn't hear my keys fall somewhere.

By this time I was so peeved... Mad, frustrated, hot and just livid. I called my daughter Britt who thankfully was home! She came to get me and my warm groceries... After I put my groceries away
Britt drove me back over to the store to look again. This time with four G-Kid sets of eyes...

 Still, we came up with nothing. After exhausting every thought of where we could look I bought us lunch at McDonalds. Britt and I had a nice time chatting and the kids played... Britt had meanwhile been texting to her husband about the car situation. He works for a car dealership that sells Chryslers...he came up with a plan of action!!!

Meanwhile, I had to tell my husband what I had done. As I expected, he was angry and predictable. I heard about what an idiot I am and how stupid etc... Ugh I hate making mistakes!
He stopped at the store as well on his way home from work to search for the keys and talk to customer service to see if any had been turned in. No keys! Boy did I hear about my mistake when he got home!

As I said, my son in law had a plan... After work he met us at the car with a key he had made per my vin number on my car.  He was able to look up!  He  brought a programming device that he borrowed from his boss. Within minutes, I was able to drive the car home! He saved my a$$... I was nearly in tears and so grateful for the help! OMG!

Thank you Britt and Adam, you are lifesavers! You saved my groceries and my A$$! 



House...









No comments: