Friday, February 5, 2016

Being The Bane Is The Biggest Pain In The Butt



This is where my day begins and ends... At 6:30 AM, I just made and assembled breakfast and lunch 
for my husbands work day. Along with a cup of coffee, I set out his medication. He gulps that down with the water I poured in a glass and he's out the door. Lunch box and cup of coffee to go in tow. It's Friday so I've done this part of my job for the week. 
I will be grocery shopping for the weekend in a few hours. I have the ingredients for one of our meals that I will put into my new pressure cooker. Yet again QVC caught our attention with this great new kitchen tool and their easy pay plan!

This is an 8 quart pressure cooker. It can also slow cook.

They have a great way of marketing that really appeals to the middle class. Easy pay makes things affordable when you are on a budget! I have used this a few times now. I look forward to trying this recipe. I hope it is as good as it sounds! I like that this product came with several recipe cards that encourage you to use the product! I will purchase a cookbook as well because if you read my blog, you know that I love and collect cookbooks! 

Looks rather simple! Served with basmati rice, this could be a winner right?!
Although this is what I do for a job and trust me, I work it just as a job... This is not all there is for me. Career homemaking is not all I aspire to do. The other side of me wants very much to do this!! 




Lover Boy written by Rick Davies of Supertramp!

I don't know why at 53 I'm still trying to do this but I just need to. It keeps me sane. Much to the bane of my husband and probably this embarrasses my kids. It is my way of speaking out and trying to be heard. My own sense of individualism! My YouTube and SoundCloud channel remind me that I am a individual in my own right with hopes and dreams of my own! That's about all this does for me. 
I'm obviously not good enough to get anywhere with this. I am in fact, the butt of my husbands jokes for trying to get somewhere with this. He reminds me often that I am not anywhere but here where I reside. " Don't quit your day job ". Ugh, how I wish I could prove him wrong! It isn't for lack of trying ...





No comments: