Sunday, February 7, 2016

Connecting With Vietnamese Heritage In Celebration Of Tet

To celebrate Tet, we had dinner at our favorite Vietnamese Restaurant. A little hole in the wall place that serves the best Vietnamese food around! Should have taken a pic but I didn't! The following pictures were taken in the Vietnamese Plaza called Mekong. We walked around this plaza after dinner. The Supermarket is vast and so interesting that I could do a whole blog post on the market itself! I will do that sometime! 
This first pic is of my favorite Boba Place called "Tea And Snow". They serve delicious Boba 
smoothies and other coconut milk confections. The shaved ice is an Asian style ice cream with 
wonderfully different toppings such as sweet beans! Scrumptious and so unique that once you try and enjoy these confections, you will crave them. This little place is always busy when we frequent them.

As I walk through the plaza these are a few things that catch my eye...

 Handcrafted I'm sure.

We would fill our home and patio with these kinds of beautiful things if they were affordable. Sadly, they are not!


Beautiful but not cheap! 

These are lovely statues. 


Cute affordable trinkets and decor!


This store has a little something for everyone.

This market is always busy! Crowded  is a better word. Cart to cart shopping. As I said, I could do a whole post showcasing this market. Here are a few things pertaining to New Years celebrations.
The candy, gift baskets and blossoms are abundant!

Beautifully wrapped, these baskets are meant to be shared as gifts of good tidings. 


Candy assortments of all kinds...





We visit this plaza often. My husband seems to need to connect with his Vietnamese heritage and be among familiar surroundings. I understand this need and find it to be charming as well.
All of the blossoms!

Blossoms and traditional red money envelopes. 


Custard Filled Pancakes. Zoe's favorite...


This New Year is, the Year Of The Monkey. We purchased an assortment of these for the G-kids to each have one. 
We then returned to our own home that remarkably has a beautiful blooming something tree... It always amazes me that no matter when Tet and Chinese New Year are, this tree goes into full bloom. We are the only ones in the whole neighborhood with this kind of blooming tree! We didn't even realize it blooms when I bought the house 11 years ago. 

Even at night this trees blooms are pretty!
Here is my song contribution for the day and this post...
SoundCloud link below...







No comments: