Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Everyone's A Critic, Give Us All A Break!



20140802-072922-26962438.jpg

Everyone’s A Critic / Give Us All A Break


Don’t you just love all of these talent/ singing reality shows that are on tv? Where the heck do they find all of these talented people? Who knew that just in the United States, we have soooo many talented singers? This country is over flowing with great singers. It’s annoying! I guess it must be just me that feels this way. As a musician/ singer I suppose I feel that I don’t measure up. I don’t have one of those big booming voices that knocks you off your chair.


I admire these people for subjecting themselves to such tremendous ridicule. They just stand there 
and take it! I would never want to endure the harsh, condescending critique of Simon Cowell. He was brutal and discompassionate. I know people thought he was funny, but I would cringe every time he opened his mouth. It’s sad that he became notorious for being a pompous dream crusher. The networks paid him handsomely for this and he laughed all the way to the bank. I should add, at the expense of others.
Just when you think the epitome of greatness has been discovered, along comes someone better who raises the bar even higher! This has perpetuated a true dog eat dog mentality. So much competition…
everywhere you look! If we aren’t competing than we are watching others who are. Everyone has 
something to say about the other guy. We live our lives in constant competition with the rest of mankind. So much aggressive posturing we all fall in to. We ourselves are either aggressive or we are aggressive in our opinions about nearly everything!
We are missing out by not looking for the unique and charming qualities each of us commandeer. The quirky, cute, fun and endearing things that we should notice about each other that make us individuals. Human, fail-able, flawed, interesting and charasmatic. These are the characteristics that make us appealing. We are just too caught up in finding and or being the best at something. We have taken friendly competition to an extreme to where we exsist in almost a Hunger Games state of being. Gaining satisfaction by watching others fail. Why is that so interesting?
I have to admit to you that I put myself out there also. I submitted one of my YouTube videos to 
America’s Got Talent. Thank God they didn’t think me talented enough for their show… That could 
have been hellish and painful! What was I thinking? Surely there is a market for the little guy somewhere. The average so, so person who maybe just has heart to impart?
This is my cover of Critic’s Choice written by Chicago. I think Robert Lamm says it so well!

http://youtu.be/CDTizhw-1WI Critic's Choice written by Robert Lamm

20140802-072712-26832838.jpg

No comments: