Saturday, October 4, 2014

Come On In And Have A Seat!

Welcome 



Come in, 
have a seat! Get comfortable...
Today I want to talk about music. No matter who you are, music is part of how your soul speaks to you! Have you ever noticed that when you go through a really rough time in your life, music is there 
for you? If you want to escape reality, music is there for you. If you want to feel intensely songs will 
help you do that. Whatever your mood, however you feel on any given day, there's a genre for that !

Today, I'm going to share some of myself with you. Music is intensely personal! It is a reflection of what speaks from deep down inside. If you were to view the songs on a persons iPod, you would
know them better!
As a kid, anything and everything Chicago did, spoke to me. I was a huge fan. I loved the brass and 
woodwinds lol/
intricate arrangements. Stereo sound had just become a part of listening. The intricate arrangements 
fascinated  me. My mother was a huge fan of Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass and my earliest 
memory of music starts there I'm sure! My love for Chicago is forever in my heart.

I love all kinds of music though! Way too many to list here... Here are some of the most relevant to 
me personally. In no particular order. 
Mood inspiring/thought provoking. These songs are so beautifu
I loved Bob Welch! He was passionate and romantic.

Oh and of course Robert Palmer!
Adam Ant...I loved Adam Ant's music!
 This song was fun and so sexy...
Love Is The Drug- Roxy Music
Michael W. Smith! If ever an angel lived...what an ambassador for spirituality!

It Could Happen To You - Robert Palmer
Between Us - Robert Palmer

The late great Terry Kath too.

Till We Meet Again- Chicago
Alma Mater - Chicago

Paul Young comes to mind....
Everytime You Go Away - Paul Young
Daryl Hall! Lots of Hall and Oates too many to list! Love them! This speaks to me a lot
currently...this performance live  is just so awesome what a talent!
Wait For Me- Hall And Oates

The following are songs that have gotten me through some of the darkest times in my life. One stands out to me the most... This song effects me like no other... I'm not even sure why...
Hide In Your Shell- Supertramp, a Roger Hodgson song. When I listen to this song, tears stream down
my
face!
Speaking of  Roger Hodgson, this is to me the most intricate, humbling streak of genius, I've heard.
This song awes me... Who thinks like this?!
Fools Overture- Supertramp, a Roger Hodgson song this artist touches my heart on so many levels.
What I wouldn't give to sit down and have a conversation with this man! Yet another wonderful
daydream...
I can't find a link for this original. The lyrics fit my life right now to a T... Here is my version...Casual Conversations- Rick Davies.
Casual Conversations Written by Rick Davies

Say what you will about the disco era but I loved it! I love to dance and still dance around my house and in the street occasionally! Lol Earth Wind And Fire come to mind and...these are not all disco but they will make you get up and move!

Diamonds- Herb Alpert and Janet Jackson
You Get What You Give- New Radicals
All American Girl- Hall and Oates
Adult Education- Hall and Oates
Mononucleosis- Chicago
Street Player by Chicago
Drop It Like It's Hot- Snoop Dogg
Pump It- Black Eyed Peas
Diggin Your Scene- The Blow Monkeys
You Get It Up- Chicago i love this song!

Just to name a few...
Lots and lots of the Cars... Lots Of David Bowie. Steele Dan, Doobie Bros, Elton John, ELO, Steve
Miller Band, Aerosmith, Styx, Journey, Doobie Brothers, Ambrosia, Talking Heads too many to list!

Never Let Me Down- David Bowie
Black Tie White Noise- David Bowie

I suppose that I could go on and on... These came to mind today. As you can see, I like a lot of different music. Some of these songs were never popular. They just speak to me. What speaks to you? Maybe take this challenge and create your own personal playlist. A list of favorites that you can listen to for every mood, every mindless relaxing moment, just listen...















No comments: