I Know She Would Be Smiling

Today would have been my Mom’s 92nd Birthday. Had she lived to celebrate it. She has been gone for 15 years now. Sometimes, it seems like yesterday that she passed. To say that I miss her would be a understatement. I recently had a dream about visiting with her. She looked great and we hugged… it was an amazing reunion visit even if brief!  I really felt as though we had visited!
I decided to post a few of my originals to my YouTube channel on her birthday. She died long before I wrote these songs. In life, she was my biggest supporter and fan. She loved that I played and sang. I had sort of given up playing for many years because I got busy raising my kids. I’m still raising kids but I had a real desire to revisit my biggest childhood passion, music.  I bought my keyboard a few years ago and I just kind of picked up where I left off… I have since posted many covers to my YouTube channel. My biggest personal musical joy is the originals I have been writing and executing on my YouTube and SoundCloud channels. The feeling of the music that comes to me is so rewarding. My most authentic self I think. I’m sure creating any form of art is similar? 
Anyway, my Mom would be so tickled that I have taken to writing my own songs. She would be happy that I’m being me! She would surely be glad that I have found this way of expressing myself. I really wish that I could have shared it with her! So, it seems fitting that I post my own songs on her birthday.  I treasure my memories of her. I hope I get to visit with her in dreams as well! 
Something More Than Nothing-
Escape-
I found this old pic of Mom and daughter Delcee. This is a pic we joke about because Delcee had a swollen eye. She got crab juice in her eye prompting severe swelling and a trip to our eye Dr. on New Years Eve! We later found out that Delcee has a severe shellfish allergy! Anyway, this is a happy memory of a dinner we had together on New Years Eve. Since we lived in Morro Bay on the Central Coast of CA., we made it a tradition to have  Dungeness crab for dinner on New Year’s Eve. I would buy them fresh at one of the local fish stores on the Embarcadero. Such a delicious treat! 
Mom had made a Black Forest cake here in the pic I think.


Here is a recent picture of Delcee! Love this gal! 
Anyway, I have lit a candle for my Mom. If she were here, we would have plenty to gab about! Long discussions over coffee… 
Mom with my oldest, Brittany!
Britt and her kids today!
You surely are missed Leatrice June Joy Phipps.  Happy Birthday Mom…