Feeling Rebellious Rebel Me The Gemini Comes Out To Play

Amelia Rose 
What a wonderful helper I had while setting my Easter Table. She helped me rearrange my messy silver chest. What a mess it was. We had to wipe down every single piece of silver, plate, wine glasses and goblets…

From silly handmade placecards to semi homemade desserts. I dipped Chocolate covered strawberries and prettied my three tiered server with ribbons. A cheater frozen Lemon Meringue and Cookies and Cream Pie sliced and adorned with peeps and Easter cupcake picks… I tried…
I found this to be a lot of work but I guess worth it on major holidays. I like using my pretty things but the prep and clean up after the party is a lot of work! Not to mention the hours of food preparation. I didn’t get to bed till midnight last night. 

Deviled Eggs, Ham, Sparkling Jello with pineapple and peaches, twice baked potatoes, broccoli/ cauliflower casserole and rolls. The most delicious wine spritzer I’ve ever had! Bubbly Pink Moscato with frozen tropical fruits and a sprig of mint! I nursed this one libation all eve. Not Much of a drinker but this was fabulous! I have a metal martini shaker so I put the fruit, ice and wine into the shaker and it poured nicely chilled! So delicious!


Clean up was long and an arduous task but the food was good, the conversation was nice and it was very festive! The weather couldn’t have been nicer! We sat on the patio a bit as well… I’m not looking forward to summer. The heat will be here in just a few weeks. It will stay hot until November… I also need to try to plan some summer activities besides our community pools for the kids to do. Our summers are as prohibitive as the winters are in the East. Day in and day out heat gets wearing…
I plan on enjoying every nice day we have until it heats up!
I’m working on a couple of new covers… 
Say It Isn’t So- written by Hall & Oates. Do I dare try to attempt yet another Roger Hodgson cover? I am infatuated with Two Of Us… beautiful unique chords that tug at your heart strings. He’s sly like that, he knows what chords to put together that make you melt into becoming a fan. Pretty original for sure! Do I risk pissing off his people further by covering yet another of his great compilations? His manager sent me a really nasty email back when I had asked for permission to post one of Roger Hodgson covers. She referred to me as,  “You People”. Trust me, the letter was nasty,  mean spirited and I definitely understood that my interpretation of his music wasn’t appreciated… I recall being angry and sad that my adoration for this man’s music fell on deaf ears. After all, I’m just homemaker having fun playing music in my home. Living out my fantasy of being a musician with posting music to my YouTube channel. I hardly get any views, not a threat to this big star in any way.  Maybe even a little bit funny because Im not great… I’m good enough to be a little interesting maybe? Suddenly, I am categorized as, “You People” Maybe it’s my female perspective on his music that isn’t appreciated? I’m puzzled because plenty of other cover musicians are allowed to post their Roger Hodgson covers to their respective channels without threat of  legal action and takedowns! Ugh… To this day Im a bit heartbroken by the way his camp responded to my email and, request. I’ve never had any kind of negativity from an original artist that I cover. In fact, I never hear any kind of feedback from the artists that I cover lol. I’m such a small fish I can’t imagine my channel/  cover music and originals could ever be a problem! I guess I shouldn’t “poke the bear”. I won’t cover, Two Of Us. 
Praying For Time- written by George Michael
Oh Darlin- written by Rick Davies
The Gemini in me…Two of Me, wants to cover Two Of Us but, I won’t unless I get consent to, then, I would…

Easter is over, spring is in the air, enjoy your venue!