Finding An Audience For The Noise In My Head


The creator of anything and everything tinkers and tweaks to compulsion. Fine tuning and reworking is a songwriting given. This original of mine has been evolving for a long time. Songwriting starts with a basic outline of chords that turn into very specific chords…Lyrics come to me after I have at least a framework/ structure of a song….
Here is a progression of this particular original… One of the hardest and most surprising thing about songwriting is getting people to listen to originals! It is extremely frustrating to have written something that you are excited about but you find no audience… I am on fire to share this as it is my creation from somewhere within. Finding an audience willing to listen is surprisingly difficult… 
I’ll admit that this isn’t anything that fits with what you hear on the radio. It’s different. I’m not even sure in which genre this would equate… It is however insanely personal, relevant and indigenous to my style. Authentic me.
When you try to share something like this and it is not met with enthusiasm, it’s personally heartbreaking! Nothing makes me feel more alone in the world than when I feel as if I’m not understood. It feels rather isolating. Like speaking a language that no one else understands. Nobody “gets” me… I imagine anyone that undertakes any kind of creative artistry feels similarly when they aren’t well recieved. Getting people to listen, is the hardest part…
I’m sick of just doing covers! I’m so tired of just a handful of my covers getting views…The same few songs…
I get so excited when I find that someone has viewed one of my originals!
Who Controls The Stars-
I  decided that it needed something more so I added a prologue…
Still didn’t feel finished so I added an intro and renamed it…
Finally, I added an orchestra track to complete the works… although it needs pro recording, mixing and mastering, the gist of it in it’s entirety is this! Raw form but the nuances are there. 
I love Composing!