Playing House Chicken Chicken Finger Lickin

img_4864
I made my own creation, “Chicken Casserole ” yesterday. We eat early so I started this around 2:00 pm.  I season my chicken with salt, pepper and Hungarian paprika.I started by partially cooking the chicken thighs for about a half hour. Turning often…
I boiled a package of wide egg noodles while I was cooking the chicken. Only till they were soft, not mushy. They cook more in the oven so I didn’t want to over cook them.
I sautéed a whole sweet onion, (thinly sliced) with diced shallots and a package of mushrooms that I sliced. I added a healthy sprinkle of garlic powder.
I sprayed my Temp-tations 13X9 in baker with cooking spray. I made a bed of noodles using half of my noodles. I poured half of my sauté on top of the noodles. I sprinkled a genorus amount of French’s Fried Onions on top.

I poured 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup with 3/4 can of milk, (each can) together. Stired in some frozen peas. Added the other half of the noodles and sauté. Salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning to taste. I strained the noodle and arranged the sauté on top of the fried onion…reserving enough sauce to drizzle on top my chicken.

Topped my dish with the partially cooked chicken. A few more peas, lol (I like them). Pour the reserved sauce on top. Sprinkle a little more Paprika… Bake  cover for 45 min @375 degrees. Top with French’s Fried Onion last 10 min.

Back into the oven for 10 min…

Yum!!!! I served this with a bowl full of fresh corn on the cob…I really enjoyed this creation! My family seemed to as well. I will make this again!

Author: tynajoymetzner

I've been a stay at home Mom for many years...Have earned a PhD in life experience. My oldest is 30 and my youngest is 13. On a quest to see all that I can be now. I am a musician, singer/ songwriter. In the process of trying to become marketable. Would love to make money doing what I love! I love to do many domestic things also. Nothing I do seems to be profitable. Guess I am at a point in life that I would like to be compensated . My whole life I have given freely. Now, show me my money making niche. Still in the process of figuring that out.