Fall Flavors Put The Spice In Life And In My Cake

Feeling domestic on this damp, rainy day here in Phoenix. I have been craving the flavors of fall. I decided that today would be a good day to bake a cake. I bought a boxed Betty Crocker Spice cake mix. I made the cake per the instructions. I am choosing to make a homemade cream cheese frosting to complement this flavor. I am making Martha Stewart’s cream cheese frosting that I found on the web.
What makes Martha’s so incredibly delicious is simply this… She uses an 8 oz. pkg. of cream cheese. 1 stick of butter (room temperature), only 1 cup of powdered sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla folded in at the end. This frosting is rich and luscious but not too sweet! Most frosting recipes call for 3 cups of powdered, confectioners sugar! I am in love with the subtle sweetness and creamy/spreadable consistency. The cream cheese flavor is still prevalent as well. I can’t  wait until my cake is cool enough to frost it!
Tick
Tock
Goes the clock……………..

Quicker cooling…put each layer into separate zip lock bags, do not seal. Put layers into the freezer for about an hour…

Tick
Tock
Goes the clock…
while the cake is cooling, here is my kind of spice of life… Escape -The Time Is Here. My original written while daydreaming … maybe I should write sappy romance novels? Sappy, spicy and full of big dreams, a romantic at heart.
Oh yes, back to my cake…
Try as I might, I’m no cake decorator! This will have to do, it tastes good for sure, I took a taste of the frosting off of my spreader when I was finished!
I like to decorate with candy corn and chocolate sprinkles. Happy prelude to fall!
image image image