Summer Dread The Grass Is Dead The Pools Are Full Of Crypto



Alissa caught a cold the first week of school. This doesn’t surprise me in the least. She may acquire a few this year as she will be exposed to plenty of viruses in kindergarten. She had a very bad case of RSV when she was only 5 weeks old. It seems to have left her vulnerable to chest/lung issues. I have an inhaler for her. Every cold she gets seems to linger in her chest. I gave her this tea shortly after she got up very congested yesterday. It helped her greatly! It  definitely loosened up the congestion and she was able to get a productive cough from it! I love this tea.  The ginger in it helps with stomach issues as well. Tea with honey, not a bad way to treat a cold.
I have recently been experimenting with creating different skillet brunches. This one is my best yet with cooked potatoes, onions, garlic, bacon, egg, italian seasoning, paprika and colby cheese.  So yummy! I baked some wildberry muffins to go along with this skillet meal.

I am looking into part time jobs near me. Meanwhile getting my ducks in a row around the house in an attempt to become more organized. With less time to devote to chores while working a job, I decided to deep clean my kitchen. I have touched and cleaned everything in it.
The heat of the summer has pretty much rendered all of us pretty useless! The day in day out heat has really gotten to us this year. It wears on you. We don’t feel like doing much. The SRP electric bills are through the roof expensive! Over $400.00 this month. The public pools are warm and not refreshing not to mention full of bacteria and viruses. We can’t use the pools anymore to cool off. By this time in the summer, they are just gross! Our local news channel warned us about an intestinal virus being found in our neighborhood pools called Crypto. Yuck, no thanks! Our soil and dust, is full of Valley Fever, and the mosquitos are testing positive for West Nile virus. Zika virus has been found in a AZ mosquito or two as well.  So, that said lol, we are done with outside activities. 111 degree temps with blazing scorching intense sun rays yes, we pretty much stay inside… My poor grass and veggies are gone… Mesquite pods are dropping all over from my trees. The yard is a mess.

This is what remains of my backyard grass…This is a current picture that I took just now for this post.

This was a picture of the same view back in April of this year…
Damn desert…summer is depressing. Pretty much everything dies off and turns to dust. This year has been especially dry on this side of town. The monsoons have all but missed us here in Ahwatukee. A real disappointment. We look forward to having a few nice storms to provide some atmosphere and a brief cool down.
Why do I live here? We all ask ourselves this question in August. By the end of October things will start to cool down. In late September, we can reseed the grass and begin starting the green up process… Summer’s are long and unbearably hot! I’m finding it a challenge to appear cool and fresh for job interviews lol.  Getting into hot cars that take a long time to cool down don’t do much for prestine make-up and pretty hair.
I actually was offered a job the other day after an interview. I may take it but the pay is dreadful. I’m looking to see what else is out there before I jump and get myself stuck in a minimum wage job. It was however good practice and to find that interviewing is not at all nerve wracking to me. I absolutely wasn’t a bit nervous. I think that I have done enough of this kind of putting myself out there in my music that an interview, is just a conversation…
*  Casual Conversations is written by Rick Davies of       Supertramp…I find myself having way too many of these kinds of conversations lately!