My 70’s Compilation Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me

 I did as I said that I would, I recorded my 70’s Compilation.  Free Bird, Imagine and Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me. I arranged this cover, using three songs that were relevant and popular in the same era. Two of the three songs featured were written by artists that are long gone from this world. The last of the three songs was written by Sir Elton John and his lyricist, Bernie Taupin. Although Sir Elton John is very much alive, this song works here because it suggests  facing mortality. At least, that is my interpretation of the lyric. I will have to re-record this as I still have the tail end of this sticking virus I’ve been struggling with for a week now. My Granddaughter went to the Dr. just yesterday . She was prescribed an antibiotic. I’m hoping to avoid having to take antibiotics as they just mess up my gut! Even my Kefir probably won’t be enough to compensated  the ill affects of an antibiotic to my gut!
 I think that I put these three songs together in part because I have been grieving the loss of one of my childhood friends. This great friend of mine died rather young, in his late 40’s, he suffered greatly and was sick for many years. I hadn’t heard the details about his passing until about a week ago. I am sad upon learning about his long suffering!  Years he was ill and when he died, he had lost his mind!  Such a sad end for such a young man. Anyway, I loved Mark and he always will be near and dear in my heart. A special friend of his found me and I’m so glad to have a common tie to Mark. This man had cared deeply for my friend many years ago. It was so great to have found out that Mark had a man in his life who had truly cared about him and knew him well. It gives me peace and happiness to know this about Mark’s life. We had lost touch years before his death. I always just thought Mark to be sad and lonely. It was so nice to find that he was not always alone!  
Anyway, I think that I have many questions and few answers about facing ones mortality. It is something that we all must do. We all have to come to grips with losing people and pets that we love. Keeping memories alive and enjoying the nice ones. Understanding that we don’t get to know when our time will come. Knowing full well that we need to make the most out of our lives each day. The clock ticks for all of us! 
I’m still working on resolution and grappling with the things I can’t seem to change. I’m also enjoying playing and creating music. My childhood savant still wants to come out and play, this thrills me no end! My personal escape from all things difficult and heartbreaking.
This is for you Mark, may he rest in peace. 
I still remember you