Sunday, July 5, 2015

Let Them Eat Cake

My finished Red,white and blue Facebook cake. 


Click on the arrow...
My daughter Zoe reminded me that this 4th of July was indeed on a Saturday just as in this song, Saturday In The Park written by Chicago.

This is a patriotic cake recipe that had been going around Facebook. It ended up being a fun cake to make and see all over the internet. I have a few other lady friends on Facebook that made and posted 
pics of their masterpiece lol.  


Plated cake with red, white and blue frosting / sprinkles. 



 Using a white cake mix, I divided the cake mix into three parts. Added red food coloring to one and blue to the other bowl. Easy but different enough to be fun.
I made a homemade potato salad and a fruit salad also. 
 It was probably the most laid back quiet 4th I've had in years. 
I hope you had a wonderful 4th as well!





No comments: