Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Ambitious Promptings With A Desire For Solitude

I'm home from vacation. I did all of the laundry and put everything away. It was so nice to get kitty hugs! They were so glad to see us! Even my snippy Clarice was extremely affectionate to me. I love my cats! I finally had some time last night to turn on my keyboard. I haven't really played for 2+ weeks as I was so busy. I have to say, that was so much fun! So exhilarating!
I asked my viewers on YouTube to help me find my next cover. One of my subscribers asked me to cover Bohemian Rhapsody. I have always thought that song to be completely way too ambitious for me. It's genuis beyond my ability to do. Well it's coming! Bits and pieces are beginning to emerge. An understanding of the progression changes. All the while I'm thinking about the collective talent/ genuis of Queen. Freddie Mercury was an incredible entertainer to watch also. Freakin amazing! This song will be very challenging as a solo artist but I will find a way to arrange it to make it work for me.
I'm going to start writing again. See what I can come up with. I played all three of my originals last night and I find that I love them! Each one significant to my thinking. An extension of me. I'm really happy with my originals!

Something More Than Nothing




Lost In The Game



Who Controls The Stars

I chuckle to myself about some of the comments I get from my YouTube viewers. Several times I have been asked to share lead sheets and my sheet music. I don't read music, I play by ear so this is interesting to me. I guess I'll take it as a compliment. 
I had a mishap with my mic stand. I grabbed it and the arm sheared off. Maybe I will look on Craigslist for a used better quality boom stand. I'm sad! 
School starts here on Monday. Zoe is starting her last year of junior high! My Granddaughter may be going back home to Mom soon. I'm looking forward to some quiet time.



No comments: