Monday, July 20, 2015

Vacation Staycation You're In My Sights

I just finished my week together with all of these G-kids. I watched two of them while Mom and Dad vacationed in Mexico. I am worn out to say the least lol. They kept me on my toes! We did a few fun activities and I took them to the pool a few times. I hear that they had a good time. The youngest, 3 year old Kadee has been conveying her Gram experience to her parents referring to me as "YoMama" 
Lol I will forever be known to her as "YoMama". So cute!
Korbin and I had a nightly routine of sitting together with my iPad, watching cat videos on YouTube. I love that these G-kids inherited my adoration and love for cats! My poor kitties were loved on so much they became annoyed. They survived and are back to themselves today.

Clarice and Twink


I love these creatures so much and they know it!
I can't imagine not having cats in my home.
So now I can get back to creating some music! I haven't even turned my keyboard on for a week! I'm looking for my next creative project. I think I want to write another song. Nothing is as rewarding in music as writing. 
We are getting ready for our Tucson Staycation. Every year we go to Starr Pass Resort for 3 nights. It's nice to lounge around in the lazy river. By the third day you wear your T-shirt in the pool to give your back and shoulders a break from the intense AZ sun! Plenty of exercise and being with family. My daughter Britt and family join us for a day and night. I love this vacation! It is predicable and serene. The hydration stations are charming as can be with every kind of infused water you can imagine. If you get dehydrated, 
it's on you for the resort has made drinking water so inviting!
In the evening they have live music, tequila shots at sunset and Smores by the fire . The food is good. The breakfast buffet is spectacular. The grounds are lovely and  full of wildlife. From your balcony you can see wild javelina walking through the resort in the early morning hours.  The grounds people are forever chasing them off property.
Zoe and I intend to take the guided  morning hike the resort offers. Zoe has been bringing her BFF Paige for the last three years. She has much more fun and we adore having this gal join our fun. Tucson is about an hour and 30 min drive from Phoenix. Just the right amount of distance to feel like you are on vacation! I'm really looking forward to the down time!







No comments: