Thursday, June 25, 2015

To What End Are We Willing To Gain?

This poem came to me as I was looking at Twitter posts lol. Those following me and the people that I follow, are all trying to make it in the music biz.  I am also, although I am not this...however, this came to my mind as I was reading peoples posts. We are all so desperate, hungry and incessant! OMG! 


To What End Are We Willing To Gain

Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the most desperate of them all? "They" clamor, conspire and congregate. To what ends will they try to seal their fate? Divisive, cunning and thoroughly wrought- they truly think that success can be bought!

 For the price of one's soul, is usually the toll. Oblivious, obstinate and utterly clueless, they wander the earth, become complacent and ruthless. Until one day they realize the void, become angry, distant and overly annoyed- For the impact of their strife to prosper, catches up with them and they count their losses. Greater are those, than monetary gain. Vanity and lack of humanity fan the flame...

When the ash settles around them and they return to status quo - they realize the 
err of their ways and, they secretly want "you" to know-

"They", wouldn't change a thing...



No comments: