Monday, June 22, 2015

People Just Come And Go They Don't Know What's Right Till They're Gone

,


As these holidays have come up since Alissa has been with us, I imagine they are rather sad for her! It is looking more and more like this arrangement of her living with me is going to be permanent. My daughter has issues many of which will keep her from being able to properly parent Alissa. It's heartbreaking to me on many levels. I'm too busy to really fully feel this groing reality. Truth is, I think it's evident that I'm going to be raising my Granddaughter for the rest of her childhood. This is coming to light the longer I have her in my care. My daughter is clueless but I don't feel enough real 
progress is being made. That said the fact remains that Alissa loves her Mom and Dad and these holidays remind her that she is here because her parents have fallen short in what has been deemed to be a safe environment for her. 
She woke up Saturday telling me about a happy dream she had about giving her Dad a gift of a flying 
fairy. She was so happy to have seen him in this dream! In her waking life,Dad has left her Mom recently. Virtually disappearing from her life. Sad but true. So, I encouraged her to make a card for her Dad. Together, we made a card or him. I have no idea where he is but decided to post her card on Facebook as his Mom was once a contact on my page. I hear that he got to see the card and was touched by the gesture. One could hope that through time her parents will be able to get it together enough to help her through her life. No matter my feelings about the situation, I realize that she has a need to acknowledge, love and be loved by her parents. Awww what a harsh little life she has had for a four year old!
This was a strange Father's Day for me as it was my first without my Father being here on the planet. To say that I miss him doesn't adequately describe the profound  loss I feel. I keep busy and I'm careful not to show or menion this to anyone. After all, it's personal and nobody else aound me would get it!
I made a point to spoil the guys around me that are Dad's lol. My husband was given my time and attention in the kitchen all day. We had a really nice dinner. Steak, shrimp, pesto linguini, sauteed mushrooms and garlic, grilled eggplant.
And this, for dessert...

Crossiants with whipped cream and various fruit. Make your own delectable fruit crossiant.

This one was mine lol. Yum! 



My brother in law was solo as his family is vacationing with family. We had him over for dinner. 
Zoe enjoyed visiting with Uncle Hilton as well.


For whatever reason, this song came to the forefront today so I posted this on my Soundcloud channel today. I was thinking of my Dad as I played this song today...
Have a terrific evening!




No comments: