Thursday, June 11, 2015

Ree Has Nothing On Me Bread & Butter Potato Salad!

I made potato salad for my family yesterday. You are probably wondering why I think mine is special...why on earth would someone post pics of and write a blog post about potato salad! Mine is only slightly different. I have added an ingredient that really enhances my salad. Plain and simple...I chop up bread and butter pickle spears. They are just the right amount of sweet with a little crunch! Here is my process/ recipe.
Chopped celery (to taste)
Chopped onion (to taste)
6 boiled potatoes, (I use yellow) the flavor and texture of yellow potatoes are perfect for salad! I boil my potatos whole. Bring to boil, reduce heat to slow simmer and cook till fork tender. About 30-35 min. Cool for a few hours. They peel easily when they have been boiled. Peel and cut into nice bite size chunks.( not too small! )
6 hard boiled eggs (3 chopped to fold into the salad. 3 to slice for the top of the salad) * looks so pretty on top with sprinkled paprika!
Chopped Bread and Butter Pickles to taste I used 4 spears in mine.
Mayonnaise  (eyeball it lol) you want the salad creamy but not greasy.* Add all ingredients and fold in tour mayo. You don't want to break up your potato chunks too much.
 Yellow Mustard (to taste)
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
*Paprika for the finishing touch, sprinkle genoursly on top of your salad. I use Hungarian Paprika as it has a more distinct flavor. 

Boil and completely cool the eggs.


I boil my potatoes whole! The skin peels off easily when they are cool. Completely cool the potatoes for a few hours.


My ingredients ...



I love Hungarian Paprika!



Lol sorry about the Rubbermaid Container.  It's just us so I eliminated the pretty bowl. I served mine straight for my storage container. 
This is a hearty salad and can be served for lunch as a main course.






No comments: