Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Till We Meet Again Maybe In The Next Life

Alma Mater written by Chicago...
This is a cover of a little known song that featured the voice of Terry Kath. Terry Kath was a lead singer/ guitarist for the group Chicago. He had a very distictive style and voice. He died far to young and in such a tragic, shocking way! I was about 17 when he died. I recall hearing the news of his passing and I just sat in silence trying to wrap my head around the news. Chicago had been my favorite band since about age 10. I couldn't imagine the band being able to go on without Terry but they did! I am amazed that they still tour today!
I do a few covers of Terry's songs.
 Click here on the link ➡️Till We Meet Again written by Chicago

The original of this starts with the sound of someone winding a music box or victrola or something. Mine has the sound of a passing trash truck...I laughed when I played this recording back. I thought it symbolic of my humble, suburbia real life lol. Just so fitting... I still chuckle to myself everytime I listen to this cover! I had fun with my Yamaha MOX 8 keyboard. I used an acoustic guitar setting to play this. I actually felt as if I had played a guitar! I'm having fun toying with the different voices it will do. I suppose that I ought to learn how to fully use it but the instruction manual is labor intensive and reads almost like greek to me. It would require a lot of time and infinite focus to really be able to learn it. I guess I just get caught up in wanting to play rather than learn a new language. If I took the time to learn all that this wonderful keyboard could do, I would be able to arrange and compose! Having spoken this I feel I must drag out the manual to see what I can learn to do...

Granddaughter is visiting with Mom today so I am going to have much needed one on one time with daughter Zoe. Movie and lunch out is on the agenda for today! Have a great day!








No comments: