Nous Vivons Ensemble Cover We Live Together

img_5287
I don’t often make meat pot pies but I had leftovers that I didn’t want to toss. I had roasted chicken and vegetables the day before in a roaster. Not my best meal as a roaster just steams your food. Anyway, I used my leftover chicken, potatoes, onions, carrots and celery in this pie. A large can of cream of mushroom soup made with milk and sour cream! A tablespoon of Italian seasoning. I incorporated the chicken and veggies into the hot soup. I made a double batch of double crust for a bottom and top crust!
This was by far my best chicken pot pie to date. Everyone loved it and, it will be a nice lunch again today. It probably feeds 8! 
I have baking to do tomorrow for Monday’s adoption celebration! I am making a couple of cakes. Apple Spice Cake with fresh apples with a maple and spice icing. Granddaughter Kadee will be celebrating her birthday as well so I am baking a special cake for her as well. Kadee is turning 5 and she has a favorite character, Rainbow Dash from My Little Pony. She loves anything Rainbow Dash! So, I bought a cute figurine for the top of this little cake I am making. I will be adorning her cake with m&m’s for color… I hope it turns out cute! In my mind it’s cute, I hope I can execute it the way that I see it. I plan on baking with Zoe tomorrow. I am cooking Monday. Two big pans of baked Ziti,Texas Toast and a nice salad… Punch with fruit…My Ziti and Texas toast will be warm in the oven, salad made. Punch ready… When we walk in, instant party…I’m expecting 20-25 people.
This cover song seemed to fit the spirit of this post today.
Nous Vivons Ensemble-written by Gordon Lightfoot