Sunday, October 9, 2016

Heated Debate And PepperJack Mac I Don't Think Trump Can Make A Comeback

It's Sunday and the debate will be on in about a half hour. I don't know how much of this I'm going to be able to sit through. It seems as if Donald Trump has dug a grave for his campaign... At best he is buried in the reality of his male chauvinistic rhetoric ! It has to be a hell (of his own making), to have to face the Nation, tonight...

On a lighter note, I put together a new to me, Mac and Cheese casserole.

image

I grated a small package of PepperJack cheese. I also set aside 6 slices of white cheddar to top my creamy Mac.

Minced garlic and red onion and mushroom sauté make this extra flavorful! A few shakes of red pepper flake help to add a little heat here.

image

Bolied large elbow macaroni noodles!

image

I crushed regular lays potato chips in a Ziplock sandwhich bag for my topping.

image

I made a bechamel with 1 stick, (1/2 cup) melted butter. 1/2 cup of flour. Wisk together with 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper to taste, 1/2 teaspoon powdered garlic. Add sauté and incorporate the cooked noodles into the bechamel sauce.

image

Into the oven and Bake @375 degrees for 30 minutes.



The final Baked Mac. This was so delicious!!!!! Yum. I will make this again and soon!

This is my first time using my new Pumpkin Patch Temp-tations Stoneware. So beautiful and perfect for this kind of Falltime comfort food! What a gorgeous piece of stoneware that I am proud to bake in!


 

No comments: