Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Zig Zaggety Woop Woop...Big Bad Voodoo Daddy @ Wild Horse Pass.

My oldest, Brittany and I had some time together on Saturday. Time without kids and craziness!  She took me to see her favorite band, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy! She has loved this band since she was about 14. I have a real appreciation for this talented, awesome group of guys too. They rock the swing genre like no other band can. Also, rockabilly I suppose. They are without a doubt the best at what they do. This concert was part of their Christmas Tour. We heard a lot of Christmas music, covers and originals. The whole set was Christmas based. Although I enjoyed the full 90 minutes I had hoped to hear more Big Bad Voodoo Daddy originals! They have absolutely incredible originals that are really their trademark/ signature sound. I haven't a clue how and why they do this Christmas Tour thing that has become an annual event.

They are definitely unique in that they stick around after the concert to sign autographs and meet and greet  everyone that wants to stick around . Most concerts only a select few get to meet the band! It has been Britt's dream to  meet Scotty, the lead singer from the band. She actually got a hug from Scotty! I snapped a quick pic for Britt. Only goes to show that sometimes you really do get what you want! Britt was in awe of the opportunity.

The stage and production were very well done suggesting/ inspiring a era long ago. Really beautiful set!

It was a lot of fun and I'm so glad that I had some time with Britt. Such a rare treat! I'm also thrilled that I was there to see a long time dream of hers come true! Artists probably don't really realize how
special it is for fans to actually make eye contact one on one with them. I get that it probably annoys
bands to do the meet and greets but it means a whole lot to fans!


Heatmiser!!



Beautiful set...


A Britt and I selfie!


Britt with Scotty ! A dream come true for my daughter! So glad that I was there for this!

No comments: