Sunday, December 7, 2014

Decking Our Halls, The Front Yard Edition...


This is how my  outside decorating endeavor began. A ton of leaves. I raked up a whole trash bin of them. I must have raked for a good hour +. As I was raking, the leaves were falling. A never ending saga. My goal was to at least start with a green lawn. We trimmed trees and wrapped lights for hours. These leaves by the way, are beautiful fall colors this year! Usually when I rake for Christmas they are just brown and dead looking. This is a rare sight in our Phoenix, AZ yard! Reminds me of growing up in PA.! They were lovely, now they are in the trash can!

We worked and sweat, huffed and puffed. Up and down on the ladder all day... We stammered and swore even? No not this year... No swearing lol. Just sweat... Then finally, 9 hours later we arrived at "Our", this years Christmas wonderland destination...
We still have the backyard and a train village to do! This is our prettiest to date, we are happy with it this year.

We had fun!


No comments: