Tuesday, December 30, 2014

New Hair And Big Dreams

It's amazing what a haircut can do! Good way to ring in the New Year. Start off fresh and new. It helps when you find a great hair designer, a master with scissors and a blow dryer. I met one such individual. Our friend Jimmy of PhoVan introduced me to Hieu Le. A young vietnamese guy that cuts hair in a salon called Hung's Hair Design in the Mekong Center off of Dobson Rd., here in the valley of the sun. He was an absolute master with scissors. His scissors were flying through my thick mop of hair.  He really worked my hair into shape. When he got done my hair wasn't even recognizable to me. It was soft, manageable and actually pretty lol. I was so grateful to this guy! Probably the best haircut I personally have ever had!

  

Now to see if I can do this everyday myself lol...

In this next year I am hoping that we will be purchasing a new car. I have had it with car problems that threaten and plague me. Every issue more potentially costly than the last. I feel  I am always limping along from one bad part to the next. Damned Chryslers, never again! The only good thing going for the two cars that we have is that they are paid for in full! No car payments. No debt...
This is a huge plus for a one income family.
I will however be searching to see what deals can be found on something newer.  The cars we have 
are very old and were never meant to last forever lol. I don't know of any forever cars. One of our cars is 15 years old! In this past year I have really been appreciative to have a wonderful mechanic son in law. He has helped us keep these old cars limping down the road...Thank you Sam!


Such a sweet family! Son in law Sam, daughter Delcee, Korbin and Kadee!

Two very important services that keep people going... A good hairdresser and a great mechanic! Both are hard to find!
I know that my poor son in law cringes when we call him with car trouble. He has been urging us to get a new car for awhile now. My husband is stubborn. He doesn't want a car payment. I understand this but I also know that the day is coming that we are just going to need to bite the bullet and do it.

I would dearly love to make the extra money that this will cost us. I would feel very accomplished in being able to do so. This is a goal of mine for 2015. 


No comments: