Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Discovery! Introduction

Hi! My name is Tyna. I'm new to Blogging here and haven't a clue what I'm doing but I'm going to give this a try!  I play keyboard and sing. I recently wrote this my first original song." Something More Than Nothing" http://youtu.be/zTSXMZrgLyg       It meant the world to me to write it straight from my heart and life experience. A genuine experience...

I'm trying to do something with it but I haven't a clue what. I have a Twitter account and I've been trying to shop my YouTube links around to see if I can generate any interest in my music. This is my first original but I have several other Cover videos on my YouTube Channel. I'm on a quest to see how far I can get. Just like the countless thousands of other musicians who want to make it!
I play by ear and I have since I was 4. Somewhat savant like. One day when I was 4 I sat down at Mom's piano and I played a song that my 12 year old sister had been trying to learn. I played it well and my Mom came into the room to praise my sister for playing it so well and found me at the keys instead. I still remember the look on Mom's face, as if she had seen a ghost. It scared her and then scared me lol. I thought something was wrong with me!

Anyway, of course my parents got me into piano lessons right away to teach me how to read music and I never could learn. Bless my parents for trying!I just wanted to play since I could, and I didn't have the patience to start at the beginning I'm guessing. I'm still that way today I think. This musical gift carried over to the flute and saxaphone also although I no longer play the sax...I don't have one. I often have thought about getting a guitar to see if I could play it but I haven't gone there yet.  Problem with this ability is that few people respect you as a musician if you can't read music. They don't seem to recognize you as having real talent. Becomes almost a stigma...

I played the badly out of tune, old as the hills and beat up family upright that still remains in my home, for many years. I was raising my family and couldn't afford the time or the money for this luxury. I just bought my Yamaha MOX8 in August. I would dearly love to be good enough to make money doing something with "this". I'm really working hard on developing a marketable Me. The more I try to learn about opportunities to get myself out there the more questions that I have! I almost feel that my level of musical ability is just a tease. Only a taste of what it all could be but not good enough to do anything with.  Only something for my own enjoyment, other people aren't interested in it. That very well may be my reality and I just don't want to see it. Regardless, I'm on a quest to see all that I can be!

If anyone feels that they have knowledge to help me and can give me a helping hand up I would appreciate it! So very much! I've got something to prove to myself and my husband who doesn't believe in my dream... Translated, I'm highly motivated to succeed on so many levels...





No comments: