Friday, January 9, 2015

Retrospect Shapes Who We Are, Look Back To Move Forward


My collection of Madonna Inn goblets. When we lived on the central coast my daughters would buy a goblet for me for holidays. It became difficult to remember which colors I didn't have. I still don't have them all but I sure enjoy my collection! They set a pretty table and are so heavy. Reminds me of home, Morro Bay California.
My older kids grew up there .The desert is so very different from this place...when I visit Morro Bay now I realize how way out in the boonies we were.
Phoenix is a pretty big city compared to this beautiful but isolated area...I lived on the central coast for 34 years! I knew it was time to leave when one by one they all started passing away. An Uncle, another Uncle, my Aunt, my Mom and then my last Aunt. Too many memories and places that reminded me of all of these people I had lost. I guess I was just ready to start over. I can't say that I
like Phoenix all that well. The extreme heat is still not something that I can get used to. The dust 
either! I have had awful sinus issues living here. The people are not very friendly either. I guess any place is what you make it...
I do however like the shopping and the variety of resturaunt choices here. The resorts are fun also. 
The few friends I have made are nice people. So,I'm not complaining. My grown daughters have had 
many more educational and career opportunities here for sure! I'm grateful for that! I'm also grateful 
that they all live in this area. All within 45 min. I get to visit with them often.


Lexie, Zoe and Delcee


Delcee


Brittany





Zoe


Morro Bay, California. My hometown.


Downstream ⬅️Click on the link...


Gloomy and serene



Throwback photo of the big kids and I ...Oh how far we have come. 



No comments: