Thursday, November 8, 2018

The Holidays Are Emerging


Hi there! I'm working on a few songs for my channel. Holiday music is on my heart...

The domestic chores won out as their were many this week. I got up at 4:30 am this morning to make a big batch of my homemade Mac & Cheese for my husbands office potluck. He asked me to make it.


I was glad that this went over well! I primarily bake my Mac but this is a creamy béchamel version. Easier to keep warm with a crock pot.
Election Day is behind us as well as the constant commercials with each candidate bashing the other! I'm glad that's over! I'm saddened that our Senate race is too close to call yet. I really have a terrible dislike for Kyrsten Sinema. I wrote a post about my great disdain for her way of thinking. She called Homemakers leeches on their husbands! She is a clueless politician and has no idea what it takes to run the business of "family".
Homemakers are a different class of individuals. We work hard, don't receive a paycheck but still feel that giving of our time and energy to our families for free with no paycheck or 401K is a benefit. Homemakers provide quality of life plain and simple. We pick up the back end of the business aspect, the front end of caregiving and everything from meal planning, party planning, cleaning , cooking, carting kids to and fro and being the family cheerleader. The means of support. The go to person for everything under the sun, moon and stars... all, for free. It's pretty much a tiring, thankless job but one that seems to enhance the family objective and support system.
Anyone who doesn't see this as a job, hasn't experienced first hand the benefits...
Anyway, I really hope that Arizona doesn't have to endure this Sinema gal and her strange politics in the senate! I'm usually not outspoken about politics but I take umbrage at this candidates offhanded, disparaging comment and view of stay at home caregivers!
She has other quirks and strange misleading ideals... no thanks!!!
Anyway, I've had my say at the polls and here on my blog so I guess I can give up rant?

Here we go. A peaceful serene picture of the park I walk/ run by on my route... whew. Meanwhile the holidays are right around the corner. It's almost time for planning, budgeting and food prep. Before I know it, I'll be up to my ears in "Holiday Splendor", a.k.a. holiday decorating.

Have a great Thursday evening!


No comments: