Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Reinventing My Self Esteem

Self esteem is all in the eye of the beholder. Sometimes you lose it for awhile and you have to be reminded that you do still have some. You have to find it when it's hiding behind the darkness and the things you can't seem to effect and change! This cover is empowerment even if it's only likeable to me. It showcases my ability as an artist playing by ear. Everything that you hear in this piece is my musical cover effort. I layered two tracks of my musical input via my YamahaMOX8 keyboard. Everything you hear here, I played... The vocals are mine as well although I realize they aren't great. It was a great joy to create this cover in its entirety using just my old iPhone to record with. Probably the quality could be a ton better. Still, I'm proud to have tried to cover so many of the intricate parts of this original written by Roger Hodgson formerly of Supertramp. I'm not very tech savvy so it was a real revelation to me when I figured out how and that I could layer a track on top of another track via AudioCopy. I'll remind you that all I am really is a 56 year old housewife from the suburbs of Phoenix. A housewife that longs for a piece of the pie in the music world. Carving a niche for myself in some kind of money making, prosperous way? Lol that hasn't happened but I love to try. Never give up on your dreams even if they don't chase you back... Maybe?

This gave me great joy! It's the holidays and I'm choosing for the moment to appreciate the effort, not the result.
https://soundcloud.com/tyna-j-phipps/fools-overture-is-written-
Link⬇️


No comments: