Thursday, June 21, 2018

Summer Solstice Pasta Salad And Kitten Antics

Happy Summer to all of you! On this 1st day of summer, I wanted to accomplish a good weeknight meal. Not fancy but satisfying. It's very hot and baking bread pudding probably wasn't a smart choice but I did bake early in the morning. The house is hot but I suppose it wouldn't have been much cooler if I hadn't baked. A good use of the rolls that I had that would spoil in the next day or so.Attachment.pngHomemade Bread Pudding!Attachment_1.pngAttachment_2.pngAttachment_3.png
Attachment_4.png
I will make a caramel sauce to drizzle on top of this as the chocolate sauce on this piece, is over kill lol. I guess it depends on preference! It was delicious even with the chocolate sauce. My girls and I had a preview, tester piece. We had to make sure it was good right?!
I was thrilled that my replacement 3 qt. Temp-tations Round Cook & Look Baker came in the mail. It was wrapped well in bubble wrap and is in great shape! I wanted to try it out with my easy Pasta Salad recipe.
Pasta Salad can be made with darn near any combination of things you want to include in yours. Here I boiled a package of tri-colored corkscrew pasta. Chopped red onion, red bell pepper. Spicy pickle spears chopped, hard boiled eggs and a can of chicken breast. Chopped green onion and sliced hard boiled egg for garnish on top. Salt, Pepper and Paprika to taste. I tossed all the ingredients with a Vidalia Onion Vinaigrette. Garnished with green onion and sliced egg. So light but yet a one pot meal great for hot weather days when you don't want to cook a large meal. It is supposed to be 110 by 5 :00 tonight here in Phoenix, AZ.
Attachment_5.pngAttachment_6.png
Beyond cooking I have been doing every domestic chore this summer break. I thought I'd share a short clip of my "Edward", kitty. He's a rascal! Beating up on my plants and vases lol. Love this baby!
Before- Attachment_7.png
After..."oops Edward!"
Attachment_8.png
Here he is looking for the computer mouse I'm guessing... ⬇️
Attachment_9.pngAttachment_10.png
"Who me?"
Attachment_11.png
It's a good thing "Edward", is so cute. He brings out the
Attachment_12.pnglittle Mommy in all of us!
Have a great first day of summer all❤️.

Attachment_13.png

No comments: