Saturday, May 5, 2018

Handcrafting A Sweet 16 Party

I have always put together parties for my youngest. I never have had much money to play with. I have always handcrafted centerpieces and party decor. This year is no exception. My oldest daughter Brittany, convinced me that we should glitz it up this year because Zoe is turning 16. So we came up with a gold and pink party concept. I decided Rose Gold and Gold together are pretty! So I bought gold glitter spray paint, and what I think looks like a metallic rose gold paint. I spray painted the underneath side of an old cake stand that I have had for years. I hand painted the backside with gold glitter and glue. I diluted the glue with a bit of water and then added my gold glitter into the glue. I used a small artist brush the apply the glitter and glue mixture. Here is my dessert buffet so far... I fashioned a runner for the buffet with an old gold curtain panel I had. Straight pinned the sides of the panel together in the middle to make a runner.
Attachment.png
The 12 inch round Berries n' Cream cake that I ordered will look beautiful on this makeshift cake stand! I plan on getting some colored taper candles for the candlestick holders that I glitter sprayed.Attachment_1.png
Attachment_2.png
Attachment_3.pngAttachment_4.pngI curled the ribbon and added my Mom's gold plated plates...always nice to include something that was hers into my parties...
This will have fresh strawberries and fancy cookies on the tiers.
Attachment_5.pngAttachment_6.pngAttachment_7.png
Attachment_8.pngLast years party votive/ tea light holders..
I spray painted 7 of them. One of them I adorned with the glitter glue for my dessert buffet.
Attachment_9.png
The other 6 will go on my outside dining tables...Attachment_10.png
I really love how these turned out! Attachment_11.png
My Mom's beautiful heavy lead crystal punch bowl set will be used for a floating candle and flowers centerpiece.
Attachment_12.png
Confetti balloons will be tied to the candle holders on each side of the buffet. A pretty ribbon garland or birthday banner will be swaged on the mirror...
Attachment_13.png
My daughter is making a banner and a plaque using her new Cricut designing machine...
One week out till the party... I'll update with photos of the actual end result party decor. I am making all of the food for 20+.
Spaghetti, garlic toast and salad for dinner. Dessert buffet to follow. Iced tea and infused water to drink... simple menu-
Handcrafting and repurposing my party supplies is so much fun! Look around and see what you have that you can create and refashion before you buy something new. I love to put on pretty parties on a shoestring budget! It's the attention to little details that make a party pop!

Attachment_14.png

No comments: