Friday, March 9, 2018

Off Like A Herd Of Turtles

Attachment.png
Off like a herd of turtles... Cali Central Coast bound. Monterey/Salinas- Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo!
This is our spring break trip. It's always good to go home and visit. I wish we still had a place there. I used to have a no frills condo overlooking the ocean in Morro Bay. I still dream of that place...
I love walking on the beach and looking out over the ocean. I was spoiled and didn't even realize it when I lived there. The elementary school that my kids attended had a lovely view of the ocean from the playground. I can't tell you how many times I would get a call from the school asking me to bring another sack lunch for one of the kids because a seagull took off with their lunch! What a way to grow up huh? Imagine being able to look at the ocean from the elementary school swing set!
Is it any wonder that my grown daughter wanted to go home to get married? Phoenix has been home for 14 years now but it still doesn't feel like home! Anyway, we are the first to be traveling to California for the wedding extravaganza. We will be visiting relatives in the Salinas Monterey area for the weekend. Then on to San Luis Obispo for the wedding on Wednesday. I made sure to bring plenty of plastic bags for any purchases we make as the stores charge .10 cents a bag in Cali now lol! We just thought that was so interesting when we visited last year. California is an expensive place to live! We marvel at those who can afford the cost of living there. If I could afford to live there, I would!!!
Attachment_1.png
Attachment_2.png
We just crossed the border into Cali! Only 8 more hours in the car today. Moving right along...
Come Sail Away is Written by Styx
⬇️
Come Sail Away comes to mind today as I travel toward my hometown of Morro Bay. So glad for an opportunity to visit!

Attachment_3.png

No comments: