The Flavors Of Your State

Now what? I’ve hit an artistic lull. I have no irons in the fire. No ideas for projects of any kind…The quiet within my self. No noise going on here. I’ll just have to change that! 
My attention has turned to getting an education about what gently used mini vans are out there for purchase for a great deal. Car buying is on the agenda possibly this next month. Long overdue since our current van is 17 years old! Eight years ago I was so angry and finished with this van, that I had daydreams of driving it into the desert and shooting it full of holes! It has lasted 8 years beyond that. Limping along and being the worst eyesore! A paid in full eyesore. Car payments and higher registration fees are the trade off. It’s hard to believe that by next Dec., Zoe will be learning to drive. We decided that we need a van because Zoe is in team sports and we seem to be driving more kids around now. We want to be able to take comfortable road trips as well. California is our go to destination for vacations. SUV’s are way too expensive. A mini van is the compromise. So, the search is on! 

This seems to be the only Pot of Gold that in my future so I will search out the best deal I can find. We are thinking another Chrysler Town And Country 2015 or 2016 model is in our sites. 

I have named my leprechaun O’Malley…Amelia adores this guy… I could use a bit of luck! This being the last day of February,  I figured I could acknowledge this guy. I love to decorate for holidays. St. Patrick’s Day is no exception.


Meanwhile, a friend of ours sent us a very sweet gift from New Orleans the other day…


This was a very special Cake to receive. My first experience with “King Cake”. As you can see from the pictures, this Cake came with all kinds of little Mardi Gras souviners. Beads, a magazine, an explanation about the origin of the ” King Cake”. A tiny ceramic figurine, a package of French coffee. A very nice presentation! I feel as if we got to experience New Orleans! Now to find the same kind of indigenous to Arizona collection of delectables to send back to her for fun… Prickly Pear jellies and a nice assortment of Arizona salsas maybe? I got to thinking that it would be kind of fun to pick a friend on your Facebook friends list and start a chain of this representation of goodies from the state that you reside in. Collect goodies or and send them to a friend in a different state to enjoy. A random act of kindness. Share your state. How fun!
House-
Anyway, we sure enjoyed the gift of the King Cake and it has inspired me to want to share a bit of AZ with an out of state friend. If you can afford it, try sharing something special,a flavor from your state with a Facebook out of state friend. Would love to hear from you about what you would choose to send to represent the flavors of your state. Have a great Tuesday!