My Christmas In July Infatuation

img_1423

My newest Temp-tations…
Hmmm….what shall I do with these beauties? I have yet to bake in them! Here it is July 1st and you know what that means, or maybe you don’t? QVC Christmas in July! I blogged about this last year. I get it! I get the concept of doing a big promotion of Christmas goods in July! I am a Gram to 7 G-Kids. I am now raising one of those kids and my teenager. Getting started on shopping for Christmas early, only makes sense! Budgeting between decor and gifts just makes sense!  By Christmas this year, our adoption of Alissa will probably be done. I think she will get a kick out of all the decorating that we do. She has never been a part of Christmas with us. We have always taken gifts to her but she has not been here with us. I’m thinking that she is really going to enjoy our first Christmas together! I will try to ensure that Alissa enjoys this holiday season.

My tradition has been to bake a gingerbread candy cake rather than a gingerbread house. I bake this for our big Christmas family get together. The G-kids seem to look forward to it.
img_1938-1
Alissa asked me the other day if she could do a Christmas song with me for my YouTube channel. I thought that was precious and I look forward to doing that. Another benefit of thinking about and planning for Christmas in July, plenty of time to learn a song together!