Perfect Isn’t In My Vocabulary When It Comes To My Covers

Practice makes perfect? Really? Sometimes practice leads to more practice and trying to figure out acoustics and device placement. This was the case last evening . A test of what my set up sounds like in my new studio space. I record all of my tracks and videos with my iPhone. Nothing fancy for sound or video. Straight to my phone/ from my phone to you. … so, of course I’d love for it to be perfect but what you get here, is Live, undoctored recordings … Perfect isn’t in my vocabulary. I’ll settle for a solid effort. Anyway, I’m just beginning to try out my new room and space. This was last nights effort… 

I play by ear. I don’t read music. I’ve been playing this way since I was about 4. So about 50+ years I have enjoyed interpreting what I hear. That is why my covers are never verbatim. Always my own interpretation… I have especially found composing my own songs to be so rewarding! Songwriting is a process that I’m in love with! 

I use an app called AudioCopy to capture my audio tracks. It allows me to record my audio and upload it directly onto my SoundCloud channel. That is, exactly what I did last night for a couple of practice tracks… Here is a link to my original, “Something More”. A song that I wrote about empowerment and a desire to start a new life beginning… 

Something More – my original!

Here is another practice cover teaser track- Silent Lucidity written by Queensryche. 

Silent Lucidity Cover Music written by Queensryche 

For those of you who would rather watch a video here is a video I ran across this am. I posted this on my Facebook page- 

Only Because Of You is written by Roger Hodgson formerly of Supertramp… 

Thanks for taking the time read my posts and listen! I appreciate your support and time!