Casual Conversations And The Ties That Bind And Gag

Trying to figure out what my next musical project will be as I have taken some time off to settle into summer… I keep getting sidetracked with real life lol. Domestic bliss… I am in the process of setting up my Music Page on Facebook. Yet another personal scrapbook that embodies a mass of work with little return or gratification. Gone are the days of thinking that if I post it, “they” will watch/ listen. Social media baffles me. How anyone can use it to get anywhere without buying followers and subscribers, is beyond me… God help all of us wanna be anythings out there who don’t have money to throw at exposure. 
My daughter Zoe just returned from a week long stay at Massanutten Resort in Virginia. Her bestie and family invited her on an all expense paid trip. It was her first time flying and as I had predicted, she loved it! She will surely have the traveling bug now. She had a great time but was ready to come and get back to her friends. It was her first time being gone a whole week. I missed her! 
She brought back souvenirs for all of us which, impressed me. Very thoughtful gifts, here is mine…

Used this earlier this am.!
She was gone for my birthday so when we were talking, she remembered that she had bought me a gift before she left for her trip. She presented this to me. Being a teenager, I found humor in that she, gave me this!
I was very touched by this gesture. A while back, I had shared with her that Erma Bombeck was my favorite author. I was stunned that she remembered the conversation as it was just small talk just the two of us, over tea and cookies at home. She told me that she searched Barnes And Noble for a specific title of Erma’s that I spoke of, “The Grass Is Always Greener Over The Septic Tank”. She was only able to find this treasure in Erma’s collection of hilarious works. I thought this was so very special!
I loved Erma’s books because they were funny but so true! She wrote them from her Mom/ Housewife perspective about everyday life and living. So relatable to anyone who is a Mom/ Housewife! The more of her books that I read, I find her to have been a philosopher in her own right. She had amazing insight and could lay life and living out for you. Her wise owl perceptions of any given “life” situation she could convey with honesty, humility and humor. What a treasure she was. What a legacy she leaves behind! As I said, philosopher in her own right.
Although she has been gone for awhile, her books remind me to find humor in those  similar situations in which I find myself regarding homemaking. She actually lived in Phoenix. I wonder if  I have truly ever walked on ground that she used to walk on? I live in the suburbs, a town called Ahwatukee, specifically Mountain Park Ranch area…
Anyway, I will leave you with this, my own attempt a little bit of  housewife humor…
Casual Conversations is written by Rick Davies
Have a terrific weekend. If at all possible, take some time to laugh!