Look At Me I’m A Speck Of Sand

Whirlwind California vacation. A flurry of activity and a lot of miles traveled. We put over 2500 miles on our car in six days. The vacation was centered around seeing relatives. We were however able to squeeze in some time to admire the great Pacific Ocean, tour Stanford University, visit the Apple Campus as well as Google’s Campus. We took in some of the wonderful diversity in the Silicon Valley as we were witness to a beautiful Indian wedding ritual. Spuring us to seek out a delicious Indian food dinner while in the San Jose area.


Amelia had a wonderful time looking for shells and small creatures. It was so windy that day! This was taken in Monterey, CA.

Windy and oh so chilly but, invigorating. A 45+ degree temperature change from the 108 degree Phoenix weather we had just come from.




We made our way to my hometown, Morro Bay, CA. We only had about 5 hours there. I loved every second of being home… As soon as I saw Morro Rock, I felt a sense of joy and peace…Such a gorgeous area that I used to take for granted! I lived in San Luis Obispo county for 36 years.





This is a wonderful quaint little place off the water that I would go to for my Karaoke fix. I would come here to sing. I have never been able to completely ignore the musical side of me that wants go come out and play.
While I was in Morro Bay, this song kept running through my thoughts and my heart. Part of me is so frustrated that I can’t get anyone to listen! Going home is kind of lonely thing to do. My immediate family has no ties to the area and they don’t share in my joy for being there.  
“Look at me, I’m a speck of sand…”
Two Of  Us is written by Roger Hodgson.