Sunday, January 30, 2022

Lunar New Year Bake A Sponge Slag Cake

 tynajoymetzner

Lunar New Year Bake A Sponge Slag Cake

I made a Vietnamese layered sponge cake in celebration of Lunar New Year. I spent a fair amount of time making this cake today. It was my contribution to a celebration of Tet. I purchased this Vietnamese sponge cake mix at our local Lee Lee’s international market. 
I filled my layer cake with a really delicious jam and some fresh sliced strawberries. I put a layer of vanilla slag on top of the fruit …
I also found this product called Slag. A dessert whipped topping like whipped cream. This product is less sweet than the American whipped topping that is comparable. Slag, is a product from Croatia! 
My finished cake…

Year of the Tiger! I hope you enjoy a Lunar New Year celebration. May the year of the tiger bring to you peace, great health, prosperity and joy to you and yours! I’m holding on to my dreams and I hope to make great changes this year. Changes for becoming more authentic and true to myself. I also look forward to building new friendships. I want to fill my life with more like minded people with similar interests. I want to reinvent my social circle. 

I was born in the year of the tiger. My nickname as a child was tiger! So I feeling inspired and excited about this new year ahead. 

I enjoy decorating for this holiday. The lanterns are pretty. This tree will be in full bloom in a week or so. It’s interesting that it blooms every Lunar New Year. I’ll post pics when it’s in full bloom. Daytime view..
I added fairy lights with timers so the lanterns could be lit at night. This tree has been amazing and a wonderful part of my yard. I love it when it’s blooming! When I’m raking the leaves every week, not as much! 

Happy New Year! 

My not so secret wish for 2022… To meet Roger Hodgson! Some dreams, you just can’t let go of ❤️…

No comments: