Monday, January 10, 2022

Artistic Creations Are A Labor Of Love

 tynajoymetzner

Artistic Creations Are A Labor Of Love

I’m happiest like most people, when I get to create artistically. Musically, is my favorite way to create. I also enjoy baking cakes for kids! My Granddaughter/Daughter turned 11 last Wednesday. I made a fun cake. She seemed to enjoy it and I was thrilled to have a day project! Although not very pro looking, it was a planned design. It was wonderful in flavor as I added fresh strawberries to my cake batter. Also, thinly sliced strawberries were in between the layers of creamy filling! It was delicious! 

3 layer cake with plenty of fresh strawberries.
We love cats around here and I found these sassy kitty figurines @Amazon.com. I like to make kids cakes adorned with figurines. It gives them a keepsake memory of each birthday…
She seemed happy with my effort lol… baking, is a labor of love. Wonderful when it is received as such as well! Since Covid is all around us this year, I opted for a celebration at home. She requested that I make her favorite homemade Mac & Cheese. I was happy to! 
Creamy and not too sweet this was a good cake!
Per request Mac & Cheese

My other passion is creating music. I had heard this song on the radio the other day. It brought me to tears. I had forgotten this treasure! Toto- Won’t Hold You Back. Both the music and the vocals are so pretty! Of course I said to myself, I want to cover that!!! I sat down at the keys for a few hours and I began my learning curve process. Here is what I’ve come up with so far…I’m pretty happy with it so far! 

My Toto Cover- Won’t Hold You Back On #SoundCloud 

https://youtu.be/7vdL6dE9nkQ -#YouTube Link -My Toto Cover, Won’t Hold You Back

No comments: