Days Like This Are Simply Bliss

I had the most amazing afternoon yesterday. I took several hours to visit my happy place. Playing music is the most amazing, spirit filling and soul searching experience. I love to dwell there in my music. I posted 4 fresh, new tracks to my SoundCloud Channel. Here are the links.

Till We Meet Again (Cover)

⬆️ This song is the cover of a little known song from the Chicago VIII album. I have always loved the beautiful guitar work! I don’t play guitar. I have a keyboard that allows me the opportunity to try to replicate the nuance? Hey, I tried lol!

This second cover, is of a song that I equate to my Mom’s passing. The 19 year anniversary of her passing ,was yesterday- A fitting way to spend the afternoon. I miss her every day, still! She was a grand lady and I’m so glad that she was my Mom. My bestie for sure as well! The original Queensryche version played on the radio in my car shortly after my Mom passed away. It was so beautiful and it brought me to tears every time I heard it. It reminded me of my Mom so much!!! It felt as if she had sent me the song to listen to and grieve. A very, very special song to me…

Silent Lucidity Cover Music 

The third song- Tender Years Cover is from a movie called, “Eddie and The Cruisers”. I loved the movie and the music. The music, is authentic and simple but sweet. Romantic comes to mind! I recorded this from my iPhone. I rested the phone on my keyboard. Silly me, you can hear the keys clacking as they are being played… I decided to upload it anyway because it felt authentic and was raw, from my vantage point. ⬇️

Tender Years Cover 

Lastly, Nous Vivons Ensemble Cover –Nous Vivons Ensemble Cover ⬅️

Again, I enjoyed playing this in a guitar voice. I suppose that at times I really wish that I could play the guitar! I play piano and a few woodwind instruments. I never got the hang of a guitar although, I can pick bass lines and melodies on a guitar… 

This folk style cover, is a Gordon Lightfoot treasure. I had a boyfriend back in the 80’s who loved Gordon Lightfoot. It wasn’t until we quit dating that I learned this cover… Too bad he never knew the impact and enjoyment sharing this music with me had on my spirit! I don’t even think he knew that I played the piano lol… Not many people ever knew that I played.

I only came out of my piano comfort zone barricade 7 years ago when I became a YouTube creator! I  played in a band when I was young. A lot of people from my CA. hometown of Morro Bay/ Los Osos knew of me from the band I had been with. Later, when the kids were young, I did a lot of Karaoke in my hometown. I was in local Karaoke contests and kept myself aspiring to keep music alive in my life. About 8 years ago, I bought my keyboard. It has enriched my life so much! I have found my happy place through creating music. I have written originals as well. Nothing is more rewarding than writing a song! Getting people to listen to originals is not easy… Maybe, they are only meant to be enjoyed from within lol? 

My SoundCloud Channel Link ⬅️ Please listen and follow me!