The Pandemic Strikes Close To Home

2021 has begun and so far, it’s been tumultuous! I sat at my keyboard pondering the prospects of a shiny new year! I played and sang a cover near and dear to my heart. Spent a few hours on New Years Eve doing what I love the most! I basked in the feeling of hope, love and being authentic me… The holidays were coming to a close. The hope for a better new year, 2021. 

New Years Greetings “Fool’s Overture”

Roger Hodgson, formerly of Supertramp is known for so many songs/ treasures. He is an amazingly gifted songwriter. His music is layered with love and spirit. He writes songs that touch the heart so profoundly. The music is brilliant and worldly. I have yet to see him live with an orchestra. A bucket list dream of mine! 

I sat thinking of the goals and dreams that I have. My admiration and love for this amazing songwriter came to mind. I have often thought how difficult this pandemic has been on musicians who have made their livelihood touring. With digital music, I believe touring has been the primary way of generating income. I’m sure this has been extremely hard on those in the entertainment industry. So sad to me. Very hard times I’m sure! 

Also sad to me is the dwindling prospect of meeting the spectacular icon, Roger Hodgson, formerly of Supertramp. Who knows if he will even want to tour when the ability to do so arises? He may decide that he enjoys being free to do other things. He has given so many years to his craft, maybe exploring other interests and desires are more important to him. That would sure be understandable! 

Meanwhile, I’m still, “Wishing On Stars” lol . 

I’ll Dream Of You Tonight My Original! The music for this song came to me in my teens. I finally finished it rather recently! 

Covid-19 has become a real source of angst for us here in AZ. Currently we are the hotspot in the world! Earlier this week, we had 17,234 new cases in a single day! 

🤦🏼‍♀️ ugh! 
Unfortunately my daughter, her fiancé and 1 year old baby got Covid at Christmas! We were about to attend a Christmas and birthday celebration for my grandson Kole. His first birthday. Luckily my daughter listened to her body and canceled the get together! She was just starting to feel ill. I had taken the Christmas & bday gifts over to them a few days prior. I quarantined for a week and was lucky not to be stricken ugh, laying in wait… 
We celebrated Amelia’s birthday by having dinner out! Brave I suppose. Covid is everywhere…

My daughter was most upset when the baby got sick. He was very sick for a few days! Her fiancé was so ill we thought he may end up in the hospital. Fortunately we believe after two weeks he is turning the corner for good! My daughter had mild but annoying symptoms! She thinks she has cognitive issues. Her sense of taste and smell have not returned well yet… She is returning to work tonight. She’s been a server for many years and we think she caught Covid while working. She lost over two weeks of income having to stay home. Thank goodness the stimulus check pulled her through! I made a big pot of homemade chicken noodle soup with a ton of good vegetables and ginger. I dropped a pot off to her at her doorstep. That’s all I could do to help…I pretty much felt helpless but was glad that she texted me often and kept me updated! 

Homemade Chicken Soup with all kinds of veggies. My daughter couldn’t taste it but she swears it helped her to feel better… awwww! 

Right after New Year, we celebrate Amelia’s birthday. I didn’t make her a cake this year. I chose a cat cake. The cat character is named Marie, from the movie the Aristocats. Gave us an opportunity to watch the movie together! Soooo cute! 

Amelia with her Aristocat “Marie” Cake. I was sad that due to COVID-19, her cousins couldn’t come over to celebrate with her. 
Although I didn’t make a cake, I did craft a bouquet using Dollar Tree flowers for her. They are bright and cheerful, just what we need around now! 
She seemed to enjoy her special day in spite of our limited guest list!