Banana Cake An Easy And Delicious Bake

Leftover bananas. Usually, I’ll make banana bread with my over ripe bananas. I just wanted to switch it up a bit. I didn’t want to add nuts so I made the recipe without the nuts. Here is the cake recipe.

I didn’t have buttermilk so I added a couple of teaspoons of sour cream to 2% milk measuring to the 2/3 cup measure called for in the recipe. I stirred the milk and sour cream well before adding it to the other ingredients.
I love this old cookbook! Tattered and beat up as it survived a significant fire back in the 90’s! It holds a special place in collection of cookbooks.

Into the oven it went. 45 minutes later, it came out perfect!
Easy! 

After it cooled for an hour, I covered the cake and put it in the refrigerator for about 5 hours before I frosted it. 

I cheated and used my local stores bakery made whipped topping icing. It is delicious, light and not overly sweet. Perfect for banana cake. 
I’m going to adorn each slice with strawberries when I serve it. 
Worth the calories ❤️