Puppy Love I’m Smitten And Bitten A Lot

My search is over. I decided a month ago that I’d really like to adopt a dog. The kids have been wanting a dog for a very long time. We have a dog who is an amazing older dog. Coco is about 12 now and we adore her! In her best day, she wasn’t one to enjoy long walks. She is a Shitzu-Dachshund mix and her legs are so short. She has to work very hard to keep up. She only really enjoys hugs, she doesn’t play. The sweetest dog ever. I have never had a better dog than this girl. 

I decided that to add another dog to my household, would be a terrific family project. We are all home and can share puppy duty. Also, I wanted to chose a breed of dog that would enjoy long walks and hikes. Playing fetch and maybe even a companion to kayak with. After researching breeds of dogs, I narrowed my preference to a Border Collie. Long story short, after weeks of looking, I found my new puppy friend, Luna. Meet Luna! 

Luna loves water! 

Needless to say she is also very sweet, and we already have fallen in love with her. Luna is going to be a priceless treasure to me❤️. I can’t wait to play fetch and frisbee with her! I think it interesting that as little as she is, she has the herding instinct. The first time that I walked across the yard with her, she weaved in and out around me. What an amazing pup she is! Also, at 8 weeks old, she picked up her small food bowl and brought it to me! Sooo adorable. She is going to be smart and so energetic! I hope that I can keep up. 

Fortunately Luna has given up trying to play with Coco. She realizes that you can’t teach an old dog new tricks…