Low Key Celebrations During Pandemic Make Me Sad And Mad

I’ve been celebrating my daughter’s 18 B-Day! I put together the first family, (and a few friends), gathering for months! Our state has reopened. It was so nice to see my big kids and the G-Kids! It was nice to have an evening just for celebration! Daughter Zoe turned 18! 

The realization is that the hard work and the raising of this child is lessening! She is officially graduating on Thursday. She starts college in the fall and will be rooming in a dorm room. 
She’s been a terrific, and wonderful kid. I’ll miss her but I feel good about her choices and her study habits. I’m going to hold good thoughts and high hopes for her bright future. 
Happy 18th B-Day Zoe! 
I’m hosting a small Grad party for Zoe as well. We have a designated time slot to drive through the school parking lot to pick up her diploma and yearbook. Certainly not the way we thought she would be graduating. I think the school is also posting an online virtual graduation Thursday evening. Anyway, my grown daughters and maybe a few of Zoe’s friends will come by for cake… This Covid-19 pandemic is a really party squasher! This was supposed to be a grand moment for Graduates! I have missed out on watching this child graduate high school. I also missed out on watching her sister receive her bachelors degree in communications from ASU!! 
Here she is pictured with her family… she worked very hard to get this degrees while raising her family and working full time. If ever somebody had a gift for making lemonade out of lemons, it’s this gal ❤️.
Trying to provide enthusiasm and love where I can. But it’s no substitute for what a grad should get to have! No throwing your hat up into the air. Screams of joy and excitement will be missed…
Trying to provide spirit and an environment to celebrate! 
Missing out on all the hoopla and the earned acknowledgment and kudos…
She received honors in two different honor societies. Had a 4.0 GPA all four years… plus a special tassel for AIMS. None of which will be seen.
I’m one proud Mom of both of my Grad girls! 
I’m feeling a lot of things as many of you are during this Covid-19 pandemic. A bit lost and changed. Lack luster but still hoping for a return of what feels normal. A bit of depression is beginning to creep in. Loneliness comes to mind!