Saturday, May 23, 2020

A Pandemic Graduation Celebration


A Pandemic Graduation Celebration

The moon. I took this picture of the moon a few months ago. I played with the iPhone filter options. 
This pic was taken on Mother’s Day. An extremely rare and odd gift from Mother Nature as it never has rained on Mother’s Day in Phoenix. Not once in the 16 years that I have lived here! 

The dark clouds are fitting to my current state. I’m feeling cloudy and dark but the rainbow symbolizes hope and joy for the future. 

Grad night party with family isn’t what she had in mind I’m sure…

My daughter graduated from high school on Thursday. Certainly not the graduation any of us could fathom! Who would have ever had thought that a graduate would be handed their diploma from someone behind a medical mask?! Just so hard to imagine but that is how it happened. 

I created a couple of videos for my YouTube channel regarding her graduation.

https://youtu.be/I6pAgEITpgY ◀️Here is the celebration video link! 

I used my original song, “Lost In The Game”, as it just kind of fit what we were all feeling! 

My daughter had worked very hard throughout her 13 years of primary education. Her high school experience was all of good grades and stacking the deck. She graduated with a 4.0 GPA , had two National Honor Society recognitions. One being Rho Kappa. She did dual enrollment, shaving a whole year off of her college requirements! She even received a special AIMS tassel. To not be able to walk for graduation was a bitter pill… she was rather down the whole day! I did however try my best to put together a small family gathering party of which you will see in the video link. Hope that you watch it! 

If you do, while you are there in my channel, please subscribe!

No comments: