Thursday, April 4, 2019

Springtime Cake An Easy Bake Fruit Filled Fun

Springtime Cake An Easy Bake Fruit Filled Fun



Lemon-Blueberry Springtime Cake

This cake is a semi- homemade easy bake. I started with a Lemon box cake mix. I followed the directions on the box for the cake. I added washed, drained and dry blueberries. I rolled the prepared blueberries in a bit of cornstarch just to cover them. This keeps the blueberries from falling and collecting at the bottom of your pan.

This is an easy life hack! *Roll fruits in cornstarch before folding them into your cakes. It should keep them from settling at the bottom of the cake pan.

Into the oven it goes...


I am hosting a taco feast later this afternoon and I think this will be a nice dessert for my guests. My daughter and her family will be coming for a fun a casual evening on the patio. The weather here in Phoenix has been amazingly beautiful. Perfect for patio dwelling!

Back to the cake, Out of the oven...Cooling for about an hour. Into the fridge this goes for at least a few hours. I want the cake to be chilled before I decorate it. I will be using Cool Whip, as my frosting. You can also use the store brand equivalent which is also delicious. I spread the whipped topping in a generous layer on top of the chilled cake.

I have chosen strawberries and blueberries to adorn/ embellish my cake. Wash/ dry the fruit and mint with a paper towel. In addition, I let it air dry for about 5 minutes. I've decided to cut my strawberries in half lengthwise, for a better presentation on top of the cake.



Pour a small amount of granulated sugar into a small shallow bowl and roll the fruit in the sugar. Place fruit gently, purposefully and esthetically on top of your frosted cake.



Enjoy the fruits of your labor haha 😁.



It helps to have a beautiful, hand crafted 13x9 inch stoneware baking dish for baking and presentation. Thank you Tara Tesher of Temp-tations! I love her beautiful *Temp-tations line of kitchenware. This, is a 13x9 inch baking vessel in a Pansy pattern. Other *Temp-tations, can be found on QVC and on Tara's Facebook *Temp-tations page. I endorse this product line out of pure joy. I'm a home baker who likes to live pretty. I'm not a pro cake decorator so I appreciate being able to serve my creations in pretty bakeware.

Song of the day...

70's In Restropect

Music that I grew up with and play by ear... a compilation of songs that are still relevant today!

https://soundcloud.com/tyna-j-phipps/tribute-to-the-70s-lynyrd


No comments: