Saturday, May 9, 2015

Balloons For My Grad




I put a Graduation party together for my beautiful daughter Brittany. She graduated Tues. eve from Rio Salado college. She will be attending ASU in the fall. The month of May is so crazy here for our family budget. Along with our monthly bills we have Mother's Day, Daughter Zoe's B-Day, Memorial Day weekend and grandson Tommy's B-day. So events are celebrated reasonably on a budget...
I think everyone enjoyed this family get together. I sure did and I can't think of a better occassion to celebrate! 

I made a few small decorations from items that I found at DollarTree lol. Hey the dollar store can really help stretch your budget! Get creative, embellish and make it unique...

A sangria glass with ribbon that I curled,  held this plastic Grad cap cake decoration that I had saved from a previous celebration. 


I like to make the kids table fun too. My G-kids appreciate a fun table too.

My Grad seemed happy to see a few decorations. She said " Wow you decorated, it's a real party!" I could tell she appreciated the atmosphere.
We had little time to eat before having to head out into traffic to make it across town to downtown Phoenix. Knowing this I made it simple. I bought and baked a party sized frozen lasagne. Frozen garlic texas toast. I put together a salad and made a pretty punch with frozen fruit. Easy and with paper plates, easy clean up! We were able to eat and dash!

Not fancy but practical and fun! 



 Then we were off to Comerica Theater downtown...


What a nice venue for Graduation. Rio Salado is an online college. They do a great job with online degree programs! Can't say enough good things about this college! 


Nice ceremony!


Keeping 6 kids entertained for 2 1/2 hours of sitting lol...was a challenge... They were pretty good though! They enjoyed watching Mom achieve! Not all six are hers lol, just 4!


Britt with her precious family. The kids were so proud of Mom! 



I had to get in there to for a hug and pic. I can't tell you the admiration I feel for this precious daughter of mine. I'm beyond proud of her accomplishments, she is an amazing Superstar! 

Then it was back to my house for cake! By this time, the kids were dragging. It was about 9pm.!


Marble cake with chocolate buttercream filling and white buttercream frosting.

I bought the cake from Safeway. Our local Safeway makes delicious cakes. This one is no exception. I sent what we didn't eat home with Britt. She really enjoyed it. 
I so enjoyed celebrating this. It means  so much that my big kids are realizing the importance of having that degree. Britt wasn't even going to walk in this graduation. We encourage her to do so to feel the accomplishment yes. Also, to allow her kids to see that  all those late night hours of studying and working pay off! 
Britt is an amazing woman. She works full time, has four beautiful kids. She still makes time to volunteer in the kids classroom and attend class field trips. She took on full course loads and still managed to walk gaining her A. S degree in ParaLegal
"With Distinction" 
A 3.5 G.P.A!





No comments: