Lovers In The Wind Cover Video

Lovers In The Wind is written by Roger Hodgson formerly of Supertramp. 

I wish that I could upload my Roger Hodgson Cover videos to my YouTube channel! I haven’t done a live video for my YouTube channel for a long time. I was able to squeeze this live video into the time frame that I had to create! With more time, it would be a better effort! 

I long to have this on my YouTube channel. I guess it’s all a very personal wish. This was not a huge hit for Roger although, his true fans love his original. I probably wouldn’t get the views I wish to have but personally, I’d love to have my Covers of his works there. 

I may not be so lucky as this still isn’t where I want it to be yet! I am posting this so you can see that I’m still working on creating! I haven’t given up my love for this composers music! My love and appreciation grows in every cover song I seek out. Or, that seeks me- I haven’t figured out which it is. 

I don’t read music and covers come to me pretty much, from the spirit of the song. I work hard on finding the chords and notes. Many come easy to me, others I really have to pick apart. This song, is unique to me because it taught me a whole new way of playing! My left hand wasn’t just used for chording but individual notes in unison and independently in the same piano solo. A real challenge! It was so much fun to learn! I felt close to the composer while I tried to recreate the essence and nuisance. So many questions I would love to ask him…

Here is Roger Hodgson playing this original- Lovers In The Wind ⬇️

Roger Hodgson Lovers In The Wind ◀️

I haven’t given up on my dream of one day coming face to face with this wonderful composer/songwriter. I have always felt as if I know him in some unique way? Obviously, we have never met and I’m just a huge fan of his music. The sad to me reality is, I have adored him from a far long enough that his whole crew know of me. If he were interested in my music, I’m sure I would know. I’m not hard to find…darn…!

During a pandemic, it’s funny where your mind can take you. Especially when you really seek, to make big life changes. What a nice distraction this was from the demands of the pandemic- the not so nice realities I’ve been dealing with. I don’t know about you, I’m really tired of the threat of this virus! Like a persistent bully, this virus is out there ready to deck ya when you let your guard down.